- RSS Channel Showcase 4137610
- RSS Channel Showcase 4150163
- RSS Channel Showcase 2010021
- RSS Channel Showcase 9863318
Articles on this Page
- 06/22/17--19:47: _Lorain Internationa...
- 06/23/17--10:06: _Lorain Internationa...
- 06/23/17--10:57: _Remains found off s...
- 06/23/17--10:59: _Invest Elyria hosti...
- 06/23/17--12:00: _Ex-deputy in Ohio g...
- 06/23/17--12:13: _Ohio Assembly Plant...
- 06/23/17--13:10: _Assistant brewmaste...
- 06/23/17--13:14: _The Nord Center nam...
- 06/23/17--12:17: _Driver in crash tha...
- 06/23/17--10:59: _2 on Thunderbirds j...
- 06/23/17--14:33: _Salvation Army to h...
- 06/23/17--15:42: _Lorain Schools comm...
- 06/23/17--17:13: _Pair pleads guilty ...
- 06/23/17--11:55: _A second mistrial: ...
- 06/23/17--19:15: _Lorain Historical S...
- 06/23/17--20:05: _Lorain Internationa...
- 06/23/17--10:57: Remains found off shore could be Lake Erie plane crash victim's
- 06/23/17--10:59: Invest Elyria hosting concert
- 06/23/17--12:00: Ex-deputy in Ohio gets probation for threat-related charges
- 06/23/17--12:13: Ohio Assembly Plant makes $9,275 donation to Second Harvest
- 06/23/17--13:14: The Nord Center names new executive director
- 06/23/17--10:59: 2 on Thunderbirds jet in Dayton accident taken to hospital
- 06/23/17--14:33: Salvation Army to host march and picnic in Lorain
- 06/23/17--17:13: Pair pleads guilty in 2009 Lorain shooting
- 06/23/17--11:55: A second mistrial: Cincinnati jury deadlocks in cop's murder retrial
- 06/23/17--19:15: Lorain Historical Society hosts veterans exhibit
- 06/23/17--20:05: Lorain International Festival kicks off
Madison Giovanna Maniaci, representing the Italian nationality, was crowned the 2017 Lorain International Queen during the 51st annual International Princess Pageant on June 22 at Lorain High School's performing arts center.
Maniaci, 17, of Lorain, is a student at Magnificat High School in Rocky River and hopes to attend Kent State University to major in fashion design.
John Malanowski, president and chairman of First Federal Savings of Lorain, was honored June 22 by the Lorain International Association for his 20-year relationship with the Lorain International Princess Pageant.
First Federal, sponsor of the princess pageant for more than 20 years, has provided opportunities for hundreds of Lorain County young women to participate in the pageant and get to know their community better.
Remains found by someone fishing in Lake Erie might belong to one of three victims unaccounted for in a plane crash that killed six people just off the Cleveland shore last year, a Pennsylvania coroner said Friday.
Erie County Coroner Lyell Cook hopes DNA tests will identify the leg found about 8 p.
Invest Elyria is hosting a concert June 24 on Kerstetter Way near the falls in Elyria.
Attendees can enjoy food vendors, fun and the Firelights Band from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
For more information, visit www.investelyria.org.
PORT CLINTON >> A former Ohio sheriff's deputy has received probation after pleading guilty to misdemeanor charges for allegedly threatening to kill a sheriff's detective who served as his supervisor.
The Port Clinton News-Herald reports 50-year-old John Carpenter, of Port Clinton, pleaded guilty Monday to two counts of persistent disorderly conduct.
A nonprofit committed to fighting hunger and helping the community received a donation for over $9,000.
Wally Weiss, assistant brewmaster of Sibling Revelry Brewing, 29305 Clemens Road in Westlake, was elected to his first term on the 11-member Ohio Craft Brewers Association Board of Trustees.
Weiss' two-year term will expire in 2019.
Founded in 2007, the Ohio Craft Brewers Association is a nonprofit guild that exists to promote and preserve Ohio's unified craft brewing industry, according to a news release.
The Nord Center announced in its June newsletter that the board of directors appointed Eric L. Morse as executive director for the agency.
Morse had worked as chief operating officer at FrontLine Service in Cleveland for 17 years, the newsletter said.
The driver in a fatal crash in Eaton Township that killed a 17-year-old Midview High School student May 21 had marijuana in his system, according to a news release from the Ohio Highway Patrol.
DAYTON >> A Thunderbirds Air Force jet went off a runway while preparing for an Ohio air show, and authorities say the jet's two occupants have been taken to a hospital.
The extent of any injuries wasn't immediately known.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office received a report around 12:30 p.
The chair of the Lorain Academic Distress Commission and president of the Lorain City School Board exchanged letters disagreeing over hiring and finances.
At issue are up to 25 positions that need to be filled for the next school year.
On June 20, Academic Distress Commission Chair Tony Richardson sent a letter to School Board President Tim Williams asking for no spending and no hiring until a chief executive officer is appointed by the commission.
Two 27-year-old men pleaded guilty June 23 for their role in the February 2009 shooting death of Christopher Lundberg.
CINCINNATI >> A second mistrial was declared Friday in the case of a white University of Cincinnati officer who killed an unarmed black motorist during a traffic stop. It's the latest racially charged police shooting case to show the reluctance of U.S. jurors to convict officers.
Hamilton County Judge Leslie Ghiz declared a mistrial after more than 30 hours of jury deliberations over five days.
An attempt to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the American military entering World War I snowballed into an exhibit about all Lorainites who served in wartime.
The exhibit is titled "From War Bonds to War Medals," and it will be presented until Sept. 9 at the Lorain Historical Society's Carnegie Center, 329 W.
It's that time of year again.
The 51st annual Lorain International festival got off to a soggy start June 23 as patrons dodged puddles and mud at Black River Landing, 421 Black River Lane, to get their fill of music, food and fun.
Lorain Mayor Chase Ritenauer kicked off the festivities with a reference to the ominous, looming clouds that hung above the venue.